Sunday 5 October 2014

DASH diet

I've posted about this diet before but I'm reposting about it again since one of my friends had a stroke recently. fyi, he's the same age as me. It's really scary when disease that usually occur in elderly is becoming more frequent and people started to have these diseases at younger age. brrr shiver me timber!!! whats more, besides, having hypertension at this age is really really bad. of course we can say that family history can give contribution to having the disease but there are a lot of other factors that can lead to the development of the disease too. anyway, let's stay healthy and do take care of your health.

back to the diet, DASH(dietary approach to stop hypertension) diet is as the name says, to stop hypertension by managing your diet. this is basically the change in lifestyle approach. so, basically, this diet limit one's consumption of sugar sweetened food, sodium, red meat, and added fats, the amount of food one will be taking will also reduced(well if youre used to eating large proportion of food). I've done this diet in only a week and it was hell for me. lol that's because i cant eat meat much. but anyway, i did manage to reduce my weight for a few kilos in just a week though the effort was all wasted as i got back to my normal weight in one night when i went to Manchester (those staying in UK and Ireland know what happen when you go to Manchester). ^^

anyway, if you want to slim down and lose weight, you can try this diet and see what happen. for further information, just search for it in the net and youll find loads of info about it. #fitmalaysia hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment